Pelvic health issues are a common problem for both men and women of all ages. It’s normal to feel lost when you are trying to resolve these problems, and not know where to turn. It might be that you have just decided it is something that you just have to live with, and it is just a normal part of your life.
This is untrue.
Here at the Penticton Physiotherapy & IMS Clinic, we are happy to announce the creation of the Pelvic Health Clinic at Penticton Physiotherapy – a safe place for you to come and heal your pelvic health issues. Our registered physiotherapists Tracey McQuair and Sofy Tsai have extensive experience and training in a wide variety of pelvic health issues for both men and women, and they can help you get down to the why these problems are occurring, and the how of how they can help you overcome them.
Our clinic is set up with private treatment rooms, and your appointment will be one-on-one with your physiotherapist. Your privacy is upheld with the strictest confidence, and our therapists will never rush you or make you feel uncomfortable.
The following is a list of conditions we commonly treat in the Pelvic Health Clinic:
– Urinary incontinence: stress incontinence, urge incontinence, mixed incontinence
– Urinary dysfunction: overactive bladder (frequency, urgency), incomplete emptying
– Bowel dysfunction: incontinence, urgency, constipation, incomplete emptying
– Prolapse: bladder, rectal, uterine (also known as cystocele, rectocele)
– Painful intercourse: vestibulodynia, dyspareunia, vaginismus
– Peri-natal care: pre and post-partum related pelvic/hip/sacroiliac/back pain
– Diastasis recti abdominals (DRA)
– Post-menopausal vaginal dysfunction
– Post-pelvic surgery pain and/or dysfunction
– Chronic pelvic pain: endometriosis, pudendal neuralgia, interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome
Questions? That’s totally normal! Please give our clinic a call at 250-493-1152 to learn more, or fill out the contact form at the very bottom of this page to connect with us. Alternativity, if you are ready to go ahead and book your appointment with us, click here to be taken to our online booking page, where you will find Tracey and Sofy under the ‘Pelvic Health Physiotherapy’ section. We look forwards to working with you and helping you regain confidence and control with your body!